Sunday, March 11, 2012

More Wood Burning & The Wolf Gift


                                                           

    Hello everyone! I had the best time last night @ our local high school (I feel so old when I go back haha), for the auction/fundraiser held every year there. Although I will be the first to admit I don't have much spending money, I still got to enjoy the general atmosphere, the beauty of the items displayed & oh the food! So very good! I did get lucky though & won the bid on a rather small silent auction item! & so to continue Jenny's wood burning theme, here is the little jewelry box I won. 





 
 Cute, huh? I know it's not the most professionally done, but there is a charm about this little box that made it impossible for me to pass up. It is unfinished, so I thought I might pick out a glaze & give it a little color along with some detailing depending on the glaze I choose. It will be the perfect little spring project!
    
On a completely different note, I found a book worth reading in the past week. Work has been keeping me busy though, so I haven't finished it yet. It also happens to be on my favorite subject (werewolves of course)! 


The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice has been one of the best book adventures I've embarked upon in a long time! Although I know Anne Rice is well known for her extensive works on vampires, of which I've read only one, (Blood & Gold-following the life of the Roman general vampire, Marius) she represents the werewolf in a believable & intriguing fashion. I don't want to ruin the book for you, but her descriptions have kept my mind oohing & ahhing over things described. From the scents of everyday, to the feeling of fur growing out of every pore, to the deepest sense of good & evil, this book will capture your attention & emotion for the tale (or tail if you prefer ;3) of an average reporter turned man wolf. I can't wait to see what happens next!! If you see this book, pick it up!! It's been worth every word! Until next week, stay happy & enjoy the coming spring. ~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment