Sunday, February 19, 2012

Food Adventures: My Perfect Meatloaf & More

Hello all!
I am back with a couple more simple, yet delicious recipes. I have done some pretty extravagant and involved recipes in the past and they have all turned out well - but man, did they take some effort! Maybe someday I will get around to sharing some of those more intensive recipes but for now let's stick to the quick, simple, and beloved recipes. :)

One of my favorite comfort food dinners is meatloaf and potatoes. Meatloaf is one of those dishes that can be made in so many ways and everyone has their favorite (and if you ask anyone who makes the best, their answer will be "My mom!"). This recipe is pretty good in my book and it's easy too! I made this last night with some baked potatoes and I was a happy camper!


The ingredients are things that you most likely already have in your pantry and fridge, making this an easy go-to dinner if you don't have one planned ahead.

So here's my recipe, I hope you enjoy it! And if you have any suggestions or favorite meatloaf recipes to share, feel free to drop a line. 


Last night, I also made dessert and it turned out deliciously! I can tell it was good because it's almost gone now and it hasn't even been 24 hours. Haha.
 

This is the "Too Much Chocolate" Cake. The recipe can be found here. It's not from scratch, it's just a doctored cake mix recipe, but that's what makes it easy!
When I made this recipe, I lightened it up a bit to make it a little less deadly. I replaced the one cup of oil with one cup of unsweetened applesauce and used light sour cream instead of regular. It turned out brilliantly and you wouldn't even know the difference! Needless to say, I had a delightedly yummy evening last night and had fun making some good food. 

Hope you have a great week! Talk to ya next weekend. 
- Jenny - 

No comments:

Post a Comment