Friday, January 13, 2012

Food Adventures: Slow Cooker Turkey Chili

Hi, all! I am posting tonight instead of tomorrow because I will be leaving early in the morning for the second annual AIChE (American Institute of Chemical Engineers) at WSU (Washington State University) Ski Trip! :) We're going to Lookout Pass in Idaho for two days of fun on the slopes. Anyway!  That means that I am unable to post tomorrow. So here is my post now!

Over the years of "living on my own," I have developed a real love of food. I have fallen in love with cooking and baking and many say that I'm pretty good at it. I think they're all silly - Cooking is easy! Especially with a slow cooker. Take this week for example: it was my first week back to classes after the winter break and my classes went straight to work - no easing us back into the swing of things. Haha. I guess that's what happens when you're a senior Chemical Engineering major... But! I still found time to make dinner, even on what ended up being my busiest day of the week - this Thursday. It was my first day back in my 3-hour lab and I had to run errands on my break. But I fell back on a great recipe that is not only easy but delicious and pretty healthy.

I found the recipe that I adapted a bit to get the recipe shown below, while I was browsing foodgawker.com. I hope you enjoy it! (Picture of the chili shown on the recipe is also from amybites.com)
 Have a great weekend! 
- Jenny -

No comments:

Post a Comment